dinsdag 21 augustus 2007

Hello,

I feel it is about time I started my own blog I have a lot of ideas bubbling around my head that need a place to materialise.

I work as an ICT architect at one of the largest insurance companies in the Netherlands. It really is a fun job! I get to discuss the future with strategist, as well as the down and dirty details with people running the projects. In short, I participate in transforming the strategy into a vision of the future and architectural guidelines, as,well as assisting projects producing within these guidelines.

This means assuming an advisor role. Towards project managers and project owners about the importance of architecture with regard to the goals they are trying to achieve. Towards designers and lead developers regarding the guidelines for their project. Towards strategist to make sure their ideas still can become reality. In my book, architecture is declarative and very much about collaboration at all levels.

Another approach would simply result in a situation where project members just ignore me. Then I would let the tactics really ruin my strategy!

Greetings for now,
Jaap